The ABSORBICA-I is a standard ABSORBICA compact energy absorber combined with a standard lanyard to make a fall arrest lanyard. Equipped with tear-webbing inside a pouch that opens on each end, the ABSORBICA is protected from abrasion, while allowing for regular inspection.
The lanyard has several installation options on the harness, according to the frequency of manipulation, and is supplied with a large-opening MGO connector. It is available in 80cm only.
- Designed for progression on a horizontal lifeline (rope or cable) or on an elevated platform, without passing intermediate anchors
- Absorbs energy in the event of a fall:
- Tearing of the energy absorber webbing limits the impact force on the user
- Works with users who weigh between 50 and 140 kg (1)
- Progressive tearing reduces the deceleration on lightweight users
- Minimal bulk:
- Compact energy absorber facilitates handling
- Durable fabric pouch with opening system at each end, protects the energy absorber from abrasion or contaminants while allowing for regular inspection of the absorber
- Two options for installation on the harness, depending on use:
- Frequent connection/disconnection: with a carabiner held in correct position by the STRING positioning accessory (included with the lanyard)
- Semi-permanent connection: with a RING OPEN gated ring, whose circular shape allows optimal positioning.