The ABSORBICA-Y MGO is a standard ABSORBICA compact energy absorber combined with a twin-arm lanyard to make a single unit designed for progression on a vertical structure or a horizontal lifeline, and for passing intermediate anchors. Equipped with tear-webbing inside a pouch that opens on each end, the ABSORBICA is protected from abrasion, while allowing for regular inspection.
The lanyard has several installation options on the harness, according to the frequency of manipulation, and is supplied with two large-opening MGO connectors. It is available in two lengths: 80 or 150 cm versions (without connectors). The 150 cm version has an elasticized arm to avoid hindering progression.
- Designed for progression on a vertical structure or horizontal lifeline, and when passing intermediate anchors
- Absorbs energy in the event of a fall:
- Tearing of the energy absorber webbing limits the impact force on the user
- Works with users who weigh between 50 and 140 kg (1)
- Progressive tearing reduces the deceleration on lightweight users
- Minimal bulk:
- Compact energy absorber facilitates handling
- FLEX version with 150 cm of elasticized webbing to avoid hindering progression
- Durable fabric pouch with opening system at each end, protects the energy absorber from abrasion or contaminants while allowing for regular inspection of the absorber
- Two options for installation on the harness, depending on use:
- Frequent connection/disconnection: using either a carabiner held in correct position by the STRING positioning accessory (included with the lanyard), or a MICRO SWIVEL to avoid tangling
- Semi-permanent connection: using either a RING OPEN gated ring whose circular shape allows optimal positioning, or a SWIVEL OPEN to avoid tangling
- Comes with two large-opening MGO connectors for connection to metal structures
- Available in two lengths: 80 and 150 cm
Weight: 1290g (80cm), 1350g (150cm).