The ABSORBICA®-Y TIE-BACK is a double lanyard with integrated intermediate tie-back rings and compact energy absorber. It is designed for vertical progression on very large structures and when passing intermediate anchor points. The TIE-BACK system allows the lanyard ends to be reconnected to fit around structures with a very large cross section. The arms are elasticized to avoid hindering progression.
The lanyard has several installation options on the harness, according to the frequency of manipulation, and can be used with different types of connectors. It is available in the 150 cm version (without connectors), which has an elasticized arm to avoid hindering progression.
- Designed for progression on a vertical structure and when passing intermediate anchors
- TIE-BACK intermediate tie-back rings on the lanyard allow connection to very large structures, and in a rescue situation, these rings are easily accessible for the rescuer, even when the person is suspended on the lanyard after a fall
- Absorbs energy in the event of a fall:
- Tearing of the energy absorber webbing limits the impact force on the user
- Works with users who weigh between 50 and 140 kg (1)
- Progressive tearing reduces the deceleration on lightweight users
- Minimal bulk:
- Compact energy absorber facilitates handling
- Elasticized arms to avoid hindering progression
- Durable fabric pouch with opening system at each end, protects the energy absorber from abrasion or contaminants while allowing for regular inspection of the absorber
- Two options for installation on the harness, depending on use:
- Frequent connection/disconnection: using either a carabiner held in correct position by the STRING positioning accessory (included with the lanyard), or a MICRO SWIVEL to avoid tangling
- Semi-permanent connection: using either a RING OPEN gated ring whose circular shape allows optimal positioning, or a SWIVEL OPEN to avoid tangling.