At last! Edelrid have come up with their ultimate rope access descender, and what a descender it is!
The Megawatt combines a small body and nesting lever assembly with steel inserts in high-wear areas and a much larger range of motion than its competitors. How? The special lever geometry allows a large transmission ratio and an extremely wide working range, and is suitable for both left and right-handed users regardless of active or passive operation. You'll soon find your preferred operating method.
The anti-panic feature reduces the risk of an accident in the event of loss of control. Excelling in working positions, that are difficult to access, making the MEGAWATT the most versatile descender device on the market with maximized compactness and minimized weight.
- Integrated RFID chip for simplified operational documentation
- Ergonomically shaped two-component lever for precise control of the abseiling speed (suitable for right- and left-handers)
- Compact design and short lowering lever facilitate handling and reduce the risk of catching
- Anti-panic function for additional safety when lowering (device locks automatically if the lever is pushed too far forward)
- Autolock function enable positioning when working at height without the need to lock off the lever or tie off the unit
- Steel inserts on the abrasion-prone areas increase service life
- Locking screw for semi-permanent installation in rescue systems
- Opening mechanism with safety lock allows the rope to be inserted without unhooking the device from the harness
- Large carabiner hole allows the carabiner to be rotated 360° in the device
- Abseiling of heavy loads up to 200 kg possible
- Suitable for rope diameters from 8.9 to 11.8 mm
- Weight: 495g
- Certifications: EN 12841-C, EN 341-2A, EN 15151-1/8, ANSI/ASSE Z359.4
Lighter, more compact, more user-friendly and better priced than its competitors, give the Megawatt a go next time you need a new descender.